Friday, September 4, 2015

Face of the Night


Hello Lovelies!

Dark, dramatic, and smokey were all in my head today when I created this look. It's all about the eyes and they are DARK. I'm headed out to a frat party tonight and this look is definitely more of a night time look (unless you like dark and dramatic during the day in which case go for it!!!) The were actually fairly simple and I only used 3 shadows to create this look with a little gel-liner and mascara. Because the eyes are a lot to handle I kept the rest of the face pretty neutral just with some contouring, light highlighting, a peach blush and my favorite pinky nude lipstick. Keep reading if you want to know in more detail how I created this look! (please excuse the poor lighting...dorm rooms are not lit well at all).

FACE
When I go to house parties I fully expect to be sweating and dancing and drinking and what-not.  That is why I picked the RIMMEL STAY MATTE FOUNDATION (my shade is 091-Light Ivory).  I applied this all over my face using a flat foundation brush (Sigma F60). I almost never ever ever use flat foundation brushes because I think they are streaky but all of my kabuki style foundation brushes are dirty...so.  

After I applied my foundation and got rid of the streaks I applied BOBBI BROWN CORRECTOR (I use porcelain bisque to really get a highlighted look).  

On top of that I applied my BENEFIT BOIING CONCEALER (Shade no. 01).  While this corrector and concealer do work fine on their own to cover dark circles I like to layer them when I am doing a heavier look to completely cancel out any darkness that has cropped up under my eyes. It also gives me a really beautiful highlighted under eye look which I love.  

After that I used a big fluffy face brush (Sigma F30) to apply my TOO FACED CANDLELIGHT  SOFTLY ILLUMINATING TRANSLUCENT POWDER to set everything and because the foundation I used is so so so matte I wanted to bring a little more dewiness back into my face.

To finish the base I filled in my eye brows with the ANASTASIA BROW WIZ (Medium Ash)

EYES
First on my eyes I applied my TOO FACED SHADOW INSURANCE (just the original) so that my eyeshadow had maximum staying power. 

Next I took my LOREAL INFALLIBLE EYESHADOW IN GILDED ENVY and used a flat stiff brush (ecotools) to apply this all over my eyelids. Then I used a small fluffy crease brush (old Mary-Kay) to blend this up into my crease and create the shape I wanted on my eye.

To warm the look up just a little bit I took BUCK from URBAN DECAY'S NAKED PALETTE on a bigger fluffy crease brush (Sigma E40) and applied that to the edges of Guilded Envy.  Not only did this warm up the look but it also created a transition up into my brow bone.

To highlight the brow bone I used VIRGIN from the Naked Palette and ran this under my brows using a small flat brush (Sigma F70)

I then used a small, stiff angle brush (Mary-Kay) to run Gilded Envy under my eyes and then used a small pencil brush  (Sonia Kashuk) to blend it out a little. 

I then went back into Virgin with the same brush I used before and highlighted my inner corners. 

For Eyeliner I used MAYBELLINE EYESTUDIO GEL LINER IN BLACKEST BLACK. I used a small angle brush (ecotools) to run this along my upper lash-line and then winged it out at the corners.  I then ran it on my lower lash-line as well and blended this out with the same small pencil brush to really smoke it out.

To really deepen up the look I used my STILA SMUDGESTICK EYELINER IN STINGRAY to line my tight-line and water-line.

I then applied 2 coats of my JORDANA BESTLASH EXTREME to both the top and bottom lashes.

CHEEKS
I started with contouring and used my TOO FACED MILK CHOCOLATE SOLIEL bronzer on an angled cheek brush (Sonia Kashuk) to contour under my cheek bones and around my forehead.

Then I took a fluffy cheek brush (Sonia Kashuk) and applied my MAYBELLINE FIT-ME BLUSH IN LIGHT ROSE to the apples of my cheeks.  

Then I used my CITY COLORS WHITE GOLD CREAM EYESHADOW to highlight my cheekbones.

LIPS
For my lips I used URBAN DECAY LIPSTICK IN NATIVE applied straight out of the tube.

Hope you like this look and I hope my face stays on all night!

Much Love!!! xoxo

P.S. I hope you can excuse my short hiatus from my blog. I want to write a blog about what I have been going through and when I feel ready I will share my experiences with you guys. Love!

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/MicheBeauty63
youtube:  MicheBeauty63
Bloglovin: <a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11900325/?claim=4j2j4km2kny">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

(Originally Published April 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment