Friday, September 4, 2015

May Ipsy Bag!


Hey guys, 
So I got my May ipsy bag in the mail today!!  This is my second ipsy bag and I thought I would start doing posts on what came in the ipsy bag/what my first impression of this month's bag is. So let's get right to it, shall we?

The Bag








The bag this month is SO cute. It is canvas with a green leaf print all over it and a green zipper. Absolutely no complaints here!

Eva NYC Therapy Session Hair Mask



When I pulled this out I was immediately excited. I use a lot of heat products on my hair so sometimes my hair needs a little help. There is supposed to be Argan oil in this product that will help "condition, repair and strengthen damaged hair," and is also supposed to "increase hair's strength and elasticity."  I am really hoping this product works because I need a good hair mask for my hair right now!!

Hey Honey: Take It Off



This is an exfoliating peel off mask that has honey in it....That is about all the information I could glean from the bottle considering it is so tiny. This mask is supposed to be appropriate for all skin types and is an exfoliating mask. Yes, this bottle is really tiny, but I love a good face mask and am always on board to try new ones, so while I wish they sent me more than 2 masks worth of product, I am excited to try this!

Hang Ten Classic Sport 50 SPF Sunscreen


.........why? That is pretty much what came to mind when I pulled this product out. Now, I would understand if this was a face sunscreen specifically but it explicitly says "full body coverage' on the back. First of all this tube is so small I probably wouldn't be able to cover my whole body with what is here. Second, I'm really not picky about my sunscreen at all as long as it keeps me from getting burnt (which even the cheapest of the cheap brands seem to do) so I'm really not interested in getting a sample for something that I'm going to buy in a generic brand anyways. Unless this totally rocks my world and changes my life, I'm a little disappointed.

Pacifica Eyeshadow Duo in Duo #2


So from the outside this duo looks really pretty, not terribly unique, but pretty. It is a muted plummy purple color and a white highlighter, both shimmer. Well I got curious and opened it up to swatch it a little bit..So much disappointment. The white shade is a pretty highlight but I already have multiple products that are almost exactly the same color, and the purple was just sad: the swatch didn't even show up on my hand. Besides that, both of these shadows feel super dry and would probably be difficult to apply easily and look good. Not impressed.

Eau Thermale Avène Thermal Spring Water



This is pretty self explanatory: you spray it on your face, it feels good. I like spraying cool things on my face when I'm hot so what is there to like, or dislike for that matter. Pretty simple.

All in all I'm kind of 50/50 on this bag. I think the sunscreen was a bad choice to put into a bag, and the eyeshadow was suck-tastic. I am excited to try the face and hair mask and I have something new to spray on my face. Not as good as my first bag by any means, but I don't feel like it was a waste. 

Please follow me on twitter and subscribe on youtube (links below). Also if you want to subscribe to ipsy (which even though this months bag didn't dazzle me, I would fully recommend) click here to get to sign up and start receiving your bag next month!



Have a good rest of your week lovelies! xoxo

(Originally Published May 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment