Friday, September 4, 2015

September Ipsy Bag

Hello Lovelies!
 I hope this week is finding you well. 

Can we all take a minute to notice that I have posted two weeks in a row consistently.  Low-bar, I know, but I'm pretty proud of myself. 

Anyways, on to this months ipsy bag. Now, I have to say my bags from May to August were really...underwhelming. There was too much skincare (I think I received about 6 different moisturizers...) and not enough make-up that I actually use. I actually though about canceling my subscription, but by the time I got around to that my September bag was already on the way and I figured I would wait until I got this month's to cancel and boy am I glad I waited!

The Bag

This bag is so damn cute. First of all, I love anything with studs so I was bound to like it. The color is also really great and its actually constructed pretty well with the studs grommeted on instead of just glued which is definitely a plus. 

Briogio: Don't Despair, Repair! Deep Conditioning Mask


As I've stated before, I use a lot of heat when I'm styling my hair and I am willing to try any deep conditioning treatment I can get my hands on.  This mask has avocado, almond and argan oils, rosehip oil and other ingredients that are supposed to help repair chemically treated hair. The thing I like about this so far is that it only has to sit in your hair for around 3-5 mins when some deep conditioning treatments can take up to 10. Bueno.

Crown Brush: Dual-ended Crease and Shadow Brush


Again, something I am very excited about. I have heard a lot about Crown Brushes but haven't ever tried them. Sometimes dual-ended brushes are a pain to store but that is pretty minor. The brush says the small end is a crease brush, however, this is a little small for a crease brush in my opinion but will function well as a pencil brush for use on the lower lash-line. The other side is a shadow brush and it's a pretty decent size and is a fluffier brush; this should work well for placing a wash of shadow on the lid and blending out the edges lightly. Yay for this item!

Pacifica Eyeliner in Fringe

I wasn't sure how to feel about this item when I pulled it out. On one hand, I always need a dark brown eyeliner but on the other hand the other Pacifica item I tried I threw away as soon as a swatched it.  However, when I swatched this it was soft and creamy with good pigmentation. If the staying power is decent I can see myself being very happy with this product. 

NYX Eyeshadow in Innocent


Another product I'm excited about. I haven't had the pleasure of trying too many NYX products because they are kind of hard for me to get. This is a great neutral shadow that I can try to get a feel for NYX eyeshadows. When I swatched this out the shadow was soft and creamy.  It comes off more bronze and metallic on the skin than it does in the pan (as you can see in the swatch) but I already love this shadow, its gorgeous and I cant wait to use it. 

Hikari Lipstick in Cabernet




I love deep red lipstick so I was pretty excited about this too. It comes in a sleek black tube and is a deep wine color. When swatched it comes out a little more sheer than I would like, however, that means it can be sheered down to create a totally different look which is kind of cool too. The formula is creamy and not dry at all which is so great considering I have very, VERY, dry lips in the winter (and in general really). The swatch comes off way more red in the picture than it is in real life. In real life it is more purple and has more depth to it. Very in for fall and very pretty. 







No comments:

Post a Comment